The Irregular at Magic High School (魔法科高校の劣等生 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei?) is a Japanese light novel series written by Hayashi Fumino and Satou Tsutomu with illustration by Ishida Kana. It has been adapted into a manga with Kitaumi Tsuna as the artist. The light novel is published by ASCII Media Works in Dengeki Bunko while the manga is published by Square Enix in GFantasy.
There will be a change in the url of this wiki from mahoukakukounorettousei.wikia.com to mahoukakoukounorettousei.wikia.com (the extra o in koukou). Well actually a request to change the url will be submitted, just a heads up.
"Magic" is a product of neither legends nor fairy tales. It has become a technology of reality for nearly a century. Various countries in the world are locked in a race in nurturing "Magicians".
Shiba Tatsuya is an honor student without magic capability at First High School, a magic high school along with his sister who happens to be the top student among the freshmen. What will happen to him, and how will he live his school life where he is one of the many reserves in the school looked down upon by the chosen magical students?
- Type: Light Novel, Manga
- Volumes: 10 (Light Novel), 2 (Manga)
- Chapters: 18
- Status: Publishing
- Published: Dec 17, 2011 to Unknown
- Genres: Fantasy, Magic, School, Sci-Fi, Shounen, Supernatural, Martial Arts
- Authors: Hayashi Fumino (Story), Kitaumi Tsuna (Art), Satou Tsutomu (Story)
- Serialization: GFantasy (Monthly)
- Score: 8.121 (scored by 440 users)
- Ranked: #6112
- Popularity: #1928
- Members: 1,204
- Favorites: 81 indicates a weighted score2 based on the top manga page